Sunday, January 30, 2005

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism (2004)

This make you think of barking too? Apt...

Genre: Documentary

Starring: Rupert Murdoch, Sean Hannity and other network inventors.

Directed By: James Foley (Xanadu; Wal-Mart: The High Cost Of Low Price)

Overview: How much of Fox News Channel is Right Wing propaganda? ALL OF IT.

Acting: The interviews are as you would expect, professional and well edited. The archive footage has some pretty melodramatic hammy moments... Just perfect...
Rating: 7

Cinematography:
There were a few distracting shots, choppy pans, and some of the archive footage was obviously stuff recorded and re-recorded then played for us, which made the quality terrible, but overall it was in the standard Documentary style, and by that I mean it wasn't very original.
Rating: 6

Script:
I hate Hannity even more that I thought I possibly could. I can't imagine something more faked as this news channel. To think we now get this station up here in Canada, and no Al-Jazeera... The footage they used was simply astounding. Still I wonder how much effort the producers had to put forth to actually get something this shocking. It's all too sad when I think, "Not that much". The script is smooth, very poignant...
Rating: 8

Plot:
I hate Hannity even more that I thought I possibly could. Every scene is another botched operation on Truth, every apology is appropriately too late, every reneg buried. It's a good story, if not overwhelming at times. The conclusion was weak though. Great idea for a movie. Too bad this sort of thing exists...
Rating: 7

Mood:
The mood is informative, not really melodramatic, though it is a touch preachy. Maybe a little too liberal, but I'm a liberal and I like it so it's fine. The documentary style held true to it's 1980s counterparts. This isn't "A Current Affair" though. It would have been nice to see some more innovation and better Titles, they were a touch low-tech.
Rating: 6

Oh Rupert, you're a CUTE little weasle!

Overall Rating: 68% (Losing The War On Boredom)

Aftertaste: This hurt. From flag-waving Bush-touting to outright lying and defamation of the son of a victim of 9-11, this was black story after "FAIR AND BALANCED" story. It was so good I had to stop it. You know when you read an article about corruption and you have to come up for air to stop the bleak future you face? Yeah. Good movie. Too bad about the delivery.